Delightfully caught in time, many of the country lanes of Northern Tuscany seem to have changed very little over the years. Lined with cypress trees and vineyards, interspersed with cobblestoned hilltop villages and driven by old Fiat Pandas, they remain ripe for exploring this sensational part of Italy. Just over a mile away from Villa Barboleta is the village of Ponte a Moriano with its tennis club, café and railway station.
Six miles down the road, is one of Tuscany's great treasures, the delightful city of Lucca. The great joy is being able to dip into its rich history, handsome churches and excellent restaurants. A particularly rewarding pastime is to join others cycling around its beautifully preserved ancient walls, or revelling in the evening passeggiata. This is an excellent base for exploring the Renaissance centres of Florence, Pisa, Siena and Lucca, or heading out to the beaches of the Viareggio or Forte dei Marmi.
Upstairs are three beautifully presented air-conditioned bedrooms, all with carefully chosen fabrics and high quality linens.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with door onto breakfast area
- Dining area with fireplace
- French windows leading onto the terrace
- Sitting room
- WC and utility room
- Bedroom 1: Master, king-sized four poster bed, with en suite bathroom with bath, shower, double basins and a separate studio room
- Bedroom 2: Twin/ Double with shared bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3: Twin/ Double with shared bathroom with shower
WHY WE LIKE IT: The style of this villa is classic and traditional with high-beamed ceilings and a generous garden and pool area.