The property is set over three floors, with one bedroom on ground floor and four further bedrooms spread over the first and second floors. The ground floor is largely open plan with a farmhouse-style kitchen, dining room and sitting room and large wooden doors leading to the front gardens and outdoor dining areas, equipped with a beautiful wooden table with marble top seating 10 people - all covered with pergolas. The owner's studio/atelier, at the heart of the house, is a quiet space to sink into a comfortable sofa.
The bedrooms are spacious and well-proportioned and all come with air-conditioning, their own bathrooms and wonderful views. The bedrooms are all elegantly decorated with carefully chosen fabrics and all configured as double rooms, but most can be converted into twin rooms on request. Windows are screened throughout the house so that they can be thrown open in the evenings to let the cool air flow through the house.
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, fireplace, en-suite bathroom with shower; air conditioned
- Master Bedroom 1: King size bed, fireplace, stereo, very large en-suite bathroom with tub, double shower and air conditioning
- Master Bedroom 2: King size bed, stereo, desk, fax and WiFi access, en-suite bathroom with shower and air conditioning
- Master Bedroom 3: Twin or king size bed, desk/reading area, en-suite bathroom with tub, shower and air conditioning. Can add extra beds or crib
- Master Bedroom 4: King size bed, desk/reading area, en-suite bathroom with shower and air conditioning
WHY WE LIKE IT: The extensive lawns and well-manicured borders of lavender, and herbs are beautifully maintained, with masses of al fresco dining options - perfect for a long and lazy lunch or firing up the pizza oven. Wander down the garden through the olive and cypress trees and you'll find the swimming pool, which is heated during the spring and early autumn months, surrounded by beautiful indigenous trees and shrubs.