Villa San Barberino is a charming, renovated farmhouse in the heart of Tuscany. The property’s origins are reflected in the traditional beamed ceilings and flagstone floors, with simple and comfortable furnishings throughout. The villa offers an authentic Tuscan escape with emphasis on outdoor living. The generous pool has fantastic views of the bordering countryside and the property is surrounded by green rolling hills. Enjoy long evenings at the poolside bar and relax in the shade of the large pergola for al fresco meals throughout the day.
This is an area of Tuscany that opens endless exploring possibilities with medieval hilltop towns and renowned vineyards right on your doorstep. Pisa, Florence and Siena are all under an hour away and within 20 minutes you can be on the Chianti wine tasting route.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a large cooker with a double oven and hotplates sat inside the striking stone fireplace. There is an informal kitchen table and double doors opening onto the front terrace. An arched passageway from the kitchen leads into the dining area, where guests can step out into the gardens and access the games room. The extended dining table seats up to 24 guests. At the back of the house, with arched doors overlooking spectacular views, is the double height living room. During the day light filters through the latticework of bricks that form the upper walls and there is a large copper fireplace surrounded by deep, comfortable sofas. The living room benefits from a large Satellite TV and a half-sized pool table on the mezzanine level. All of the bedrooms are air conditioned (with the option of under floor heating) and come with en suite bathrooms with a combination of baths and showers. On the ground floor one of the bedrooms connects into a Spa area with sauna, mosaic tiled steam room and a sunken Jacuzzi.
- Fully equipped farmhouse kitchen with small table
- Dining room with additional seating area
- Comfortable living area with satellite tv
- Mezzanine level accessed by spiral staircase with pool table
- Games/Pizza room
- Bedroom 5: Double room with king-size bed (can be Twin), en suite bathroom connecting to spa. Direct access to garden area
- Spa area with sauna, mosaic tiled steam room and sunken Jacuzzi; inside the bedroom there's a wood burning stove and a seating area
- Utility room with washer and dryer
- Bedroom 1: Master room with king-size bed (can be Twin), sitting room area, en suite bathroom with oval whirlpool bath, low level lighting and fabulous views
- Bedroom 2: Double room with king-size bed, en suite bathroom with double basins and large light shower, enormous working fireplace, own balcony with separate entrance with stairs down to the gardens
- Bedroom 3: with king-size bed (can be Twin), en suite bathroom with low beamed ceiling, roll top bath and views across the estate
- Bedroom 4: with king-size bed (can be Twin), en suite bathroom with antique stone basin and shower
WHY WE LIKE IT: Villa San Barberino is a Tuscan countryside house which has been restored and furnished with love. It is the perfect place to escape the crowds, whilst only being a short drive from the iconic towns of San Gimignano and Siena. The property is also a working farm and is surrounded by olive trees and vineyards which makes for an authentic Tuscan experience.