Stepping outside, the sunny and private pool terrace has been completely finished in marble, with a jet stream pool, waterfall and sun terrace. One can dine outdoors here, or under the shade of the magnolia tree in the private, enclosed courtyard. For a different perspective, ascend to the roof terrace which is furnished with sun loungers as well as an open dining area for up to eight guests.
Open the door of Casa Mahler for an immediate immersion into local life in Spoleto, full of vitality and with plenty of shopping and dining options just a short stroll away. The Wednesday farmer’s market offers the perfect opportunity to stock up on the finest regional produce, while the critically acclaimed Spoleto Festival fills the piazzas in midsummer. Select a favourite bar for a morning coffee with the locals, enjoy an afternoon passegiata around the Rocca Albornoziana with its view of Perugia’s valley to the north, or shop for ceramics, cashmere, fine wines and olive oils. The excellent Crispini 'pistaccheria' has six different flavours of pistachio gelato to sample for a late-afternoon sugar fix. Further afield, the key destinations of Umbria are all within reach, a day trip to Rome can be taken by train, and there are trails for trekking, truffles for hunting and cultural explorations of Assisi or Perugia all waiting to be enjoyed.
- Open plan guest kitchen / living and dining area with courtyard access
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom (King), en suite bathroom with tub
- Formal living room
- Music room with Steinway baby grand piano
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom (King/twins), en suite bathroom with tub
- Winter living room (connects with Bedrooms 2 & 3)
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom (King/twins), en suite bathroom
- Kitchen with small dining area
- Rooftop terrace with sun loungers and dining area for eight
- Spa room with Pilates machine, exercise balls and massage table
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom (California King), en suite bathroom, access to roof terrace
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom (Queen-size bed), en suite bathroom with tub
STUDIO SUITE (available on request)
- Living room
- Bedroom 6: Double bedroom (Queen-size bed)
WHY WE LIKE IT: Casa Mahler lends itself to those seeking an experience of authentic Umbrian living but without the need to drive anywhere for food, wine and cultural immersion. Indoor and outdoor spaces are thoughtfully designed to ensure maximum comfort in this ‘best of both worlds’ location.