This charming country house is nestled in the hills between the Tuscan and Umbrian border and is a stone’s throw away from regional highlights. Consisting of a main house and a guest house, both with fantastic views of the surrounding landscape, this beautifully restored villa is ideal for those who wish to embrace the relaxed Umbrian lifestyle.
Comprising of a large stone house and a separate guest house, 40 metres away, the layout of Il Coccinella is ideal for large groups or families. The villa’s design tastefully weaves contemporary style with comfortable furnishings whilst including antique features such as the lovely 18th century oaked beam ceilings and terracotta floors.
All of the bedrooms are decorated in a simple and traditional style and the double bedrooms in the main house have en-suite bathrooms. In the main building there is a cosy living area with a stone fireplace and comfortable sofas. The dining area has a large picture window with stunning panoramic views and the kitchen has a rustic Italian feel with an antique fireplace and direct access through double doors to the garden. The guest house has its own living area and dining room with an adjoining kitchen area.
The garden is spacious, with a large pool and BBQ set-up. The main shady pergola is the ideal space to enjoy lazy al fresco lunches and the smaller outdoor table is perfect for watching the spectacular Umbrian sunsets in the evening. Guests can also enjoy access to a nearby tennis court and there are fishing lakes and golf courses in the surrounding area.
- Living room with sofas and TV
- Dining area with garden view
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with queen size bed, en suite bathroom with shower and view of the valley
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with queen size bed, with en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom with queen size bed, with en suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 4: Twin/King bedroom, private bathroom with shower (NB. on ground floor)
- Living and dining room with countryside views
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Bedroom 5: Master bedroom with canopy queen bed, en suite bathroom with shower over tub (NB. on ground floor)
- Bedroom 6: Twin bedroom, with direct access to the pool area,
- Bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 7: Double queen bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower
WHY WE LIKE IT: The location of the villa, at the border between Tuscany and Umbria, makes it a great starting point for unforgettable day trips to Perugia, Arezzo, Assisi and Siena.