Newly remodelled with rustic-chic interiors the two villas offer exclusive accommodation for up to fourteen guests. Natural materials including terracotta, marble and wood, combined with earthy toned fabrics, ensure that the properties are sympathetic to their rural setting and don't fight for attention. Indeed much of your time is likely to be spent admiring the surroundings from the hilltop aspect. El Cortijo is a food-lovers haven with numerous dining areas including an attractive poolside summer kitchen. Situated all on one level the living accommodation has three reception rooms - a living room, library and drawing room with entertainment centre, perfect for those seeking a little privacy. The house is fully air-conditioned with underfloor heating and four fireplaces, ensuring comfort throughout the year.
The smaller of the two houses, El Refugio, is also arranged over one floor with spacious open plan living areas and two of the bedrooms featuring direct access to the outdoors. Guests are spoilt for choice in the gardens; whether relaxing in the shady courtyard, taking in the best views from the top terrace, appreciating the planting in the formal garden or unwinding on the pool terrace. Endless evenings will be spent around the dining table in the shaded summer kitchen with its cooker, barbecue and bread oven.
Both villas further benefit from WiFi internet access, swimming pools and Bluetooth and Airplay so you can play your own holiday soundtrack wirelessly via your own media.
EL CORTIJO ACCOMMODATION
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with queen-size bed and ensuite bathroom with hammam style bath and outdoor terrace with shower.
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with double bed and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Twin bedroom with two single beds (can be joined together)
- Bedroom 4: Twin bedroom with two single beds (can be joined together)
- Adjacent full bathroom with large bath, shower and bidet
- Additional WC
EL REFUGIO ACCOMMODATION
- Bedroom 1: Double bedroom with queen-size bed, television entertainment system, large en-suite bathroom with bath and separate marble shower room, and an outdoor garden terrace with sea views.
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with double bed, ensuite bathroom and a private entrance from the back courtyard.
- Bedroom 3: Twin bedroom with two single beds (can be joined together) and ensuite bathroom
- Additional guest WC
The Gardens: El Refugio is surrounded by formal and informal mature gardens of a Mediterranean style making it blend effortlessly into its surroundings. Whereas the focus at El Cortijo is most certainly the pool area with covered cabana, surrounded by citrus trees to one side and open views to the other.
The Views: The hilltop estate offers breathtaking views of mountain ranges, vineyards, the coast and tiny villages in the distance.
WHY WE LIKE IT: The stylish yet unpretentious interior and the impressive extent of activities that can be arranged at the estate. The owners are delightful and genuinely take the comfort of their guests to heart.