In many ways, Can Bassa feels more Western ranch than Mediterranean villa. Cactus plants line the rust red soil of a dusty driveway, which swings through gable gates before circling in front of white-washed walls.
Once inside, the well-equipped retreat provides little incentive for excursions. The pool area, like a walled oasis, is dotted with palm trees and a thatch covered bar area, marked-out with sun loungers and a shaded dining area. Beyond the pool an AstroTurf grassy area provides plenty of space for running off steam, scoring winning goals, swinging on climbing frames and eating picnics aboard a pirate ship.
Seven spacious bedrooms are divided between a main house, with four bedrooms, and a guest cottage with three rooms, all air-conditioned and presented with mix of boldly-coloured textiles and Balinese-influenced furnishing. The guest cottage is styled on a North African theme, with sunken beds and Moroccan-tiled bathtubs, and surrounded with orange and lemon orchard.
- TV room
- Living area with small snooker table
- Master Bedroom 1 with king-size bed, en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower. Air-conditioning and private terrace
- Bedroom 2 with Twin beds, bath with shower
- Bedroom 3 with Twin beds with en suite shower room
Steps down to:
- Bedroom 4 with Double bed, steps up to en suite shower room
- Living area with small kitchen
Steps up to:
- Bedroom 5 with Double bed, en suite bathroom with bath
Second staircase to:
- Bedroom 6 with Double bed, en suite shower room and private terrace
- Bedroom 7 with Twin beds, en suite shower room