Mandarin Oriental Bodrum offers 85 spacious Rooms and Suites, 7 Villas and 23 Apartments with butler service for each accommodation category. All have their own sun-deck, terrace or balcony, while Suites and Villas also have private gardens and infinity pools. Interiors combine Mandarin Oriental’s Asian heritage and traditional elements of Turkish design with dark wood furniture and furnishings in neutral hues. Some rooms offer freestanding oval bath tubs from which you can gaze out over the sparkling Aegean and all have top-of-the-range guest-centred technology and entertainment systems.
Perfect for couples, this is also one of the most family-oriented resorts in the region, with Olive beach sloping gently into the sea and a separate children’s pool, plus a Worldwide Kids-accredited crèche, kids club and teens club to keep children of all ages active and entertained. There’s lots families can do together, too, from beach and watersports to exploring this fascinating peninsula: If Bodrum Castle, with its Museum of Underwater Archaeology, doesn’t hit the spot, Dedeman Aquapark in Turgutreis definitely will. Children’s menus are available in some of the restaurants; kids’ menus can also be ordered via room service and the cake shop always goes down well.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
When it comes to saying ‘I do’, couples are spoilt for choice here, with a dedicated team of wedding specialists taking care of every last detail. Ceremonies can be held on the beach or at one of a number of beach-side venues: a popular setting is the Beach Club, tucked away in its own private cove. The spa offers a wealth of treatments for both the bride and the groom as well as a couple’s spa and hamam for pre- and post- wedding celebration. Or book the Orchid Spa Suite, designed with romance in mind and comprising a large bedroom with a whirlpool, hamam, sauna, shower, and treatment room, plus a terrace for outdoor relaxation and views of the Aegean Sea.
- 4 outdoor pools
- Tennis & basketball courts & fitness centre
- Spa & Pilates/yoga studio
- Non-motorised/motorised watersports
- PADI dive centre
OUT & ABOUT
- Tours by helicopter and traditional Turkish gullet
- Jogging path along Paradise Bay
- 18-hole Bodrum Golf & Tennis Club 30 minutes’ drive away
- Nearby Classical sites, included the ruined cities of Didyma, Miletus, Priene and Ephesus and the Temple of Artemis
- Hiking, mountain biking, horse-riding and picnicking in forest glades
FOOD & DRINK
- 10 bars and restaurants offering cuisine from around the world
- Kurochan by IOKI for contemporary Japanese cuisine
- Traditional Turkish fish and seafood dishes at Bodrum Balikçisi
- Sofra for Turkish breakfast
- Cakes and pastries at The Mandarin Cake Shop
- Live Jazz at the open-air La Suite Lounge
- Poolside dining.