When looking along a row of gulets, all jostling for attention in Marmaris marina, Dea Del Mare's attractive blue hull, wide beam and shiny dark mahogany stand out from the crowd. Coming aboard, one is welcomed by the experienced captain and his crew immediately impress with the warmth of their greeting.
Your captain has been sailing gulets in these waters for years and he engenders just the right spirit of friendliness and willingness to please amongst his crew. And the cook produces really excellent local dishes from his small, but well-equipped galley down below.
The interior design of gulets ranges from extremely basic to over-the-top tasteless, but the owners of Dea Del Mare have sensibly kept things simple. Sticking with traditional mahogany, the cabins and saloon are simply and tastefully furnished whilst all the bathrooms have good quality, modern showers with attractive stone basins. On deck, things are also kept simple with comfortable cushioned lounge seats at the stern and wide expanses of deck towards the bow for deck chairs and sunbeds.
Dea's owners are involved in the day-to-day running of the ship and have equipped her to a very high standard. The tender outstrips most gulets' put-put outboard motors and easily pulls water-skiers and wake-boarders, whilst the on-board canoe, snorkel sets and fishing rods allow for gentler pastimes too.
- Length: 28m
- Built: 2009 (refurbished 2015)
- Style: Bodrum-style schooner
- No. Cabins: 2 x Master Cabins with double bed, 2 x Double Cabins & 1 x Twin Cabin
- Bathrooms: 5 en-suite bathrooms with showers
- In-cabin: 24 hour air conditioning / TV / DVD
- Kit: WIFI for up to 5 concurrent users, Satellite TV with 42 LCD screen in the saloon, DVD, CD
- Toys: Waterski, wakeboard, ringo, canoe, snorkelling kit, fishing equipment
- Crew: Captain, cook and 2 deckhands - 4 in total
- Housekeeping: Regular sheet and towel changes