Amilla is a stylish sanctuary and a real home from home, with a grocery store where you can buy food to cook yourself and ‘try before you buy’ in the wine section, as well as a barber shop and hair salon. With a privileged position within a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Amilla Fushi provides the perfect Maldivian retreat for anyone who values privacy, quality and simple elegance. Fresh, crisp and beautifully uncluttered, Amilla's minimalist style lets the location do the talking.
In our opinion the ocean reef houses are the best in the Maldives. There you can plunge straight into the crystal clear waters from a sheltered private deck. If the beach is your thing there are various options, from delightful beach houses with private courtyards shaded by lush green palms to the vast five and six bedroom beach residences, with their own kitchens, spa treatment rooms, saunas and fitness studios (as well as an extra bedroom for your private butler, or nanny if you prefer). Alternatively, you could take to the tree tops and stay in one of the lofty two bedroom tree houses - at 12m above ground, they are the tallest rooms in the Maldives.
Amilla offers two different spaces: the Kids Zone for younger children, offering both indoor and outdoor experiences, and the Teen Games Area, which has a variety of games and a juice bar more suited to teenagers.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Like many places in the Maldives, Amilla Fushi makes the tropical island escape that many honeymooners dream of a reality, and we find the accommodation to be particularly private. There are no wedding or honeymoon packages available, but the team are flexible and accommodating so please talk to us regarding any specific requests.
- Dive and water sports centre
- Infinity pool
- The Jaavu Spa offers treatments from around the globe and has ten treatment rooms
- Yoga pavilion, with visits from teachers throughout the year
- Fitness pavilion
OUT & ABOUT
- Diving and snorkelling in Hanifaru Bay, with good chances of seeing manta rays and whale sharks that feed on abundant plankton
- Snorkelling over the 'Blue Hole', a deep drop with extraordinary marine life
- Fishing excursions
WINE & DINE
- Wine buffs will love the extensive cellar and tasting sessions
- Head to Lonu for ingenious fusion cuisine with stunning views
- Deli offering coffee, sandwiches and great fresh produce throughout the day
- International cuisine, including grills and seafood, at Baazaar