Desroches Island is a natural sanctuary ideal for an indulgent escape. The only resort on this private island, Desroches makes the most of the space and tranquillity, offering a range of accommodation and experiences that enable visitors to make the most of the paradisiacal setting. A wide range of activities can be tailored to meet individual wishes, and include world-class diving and fishing, a long list of watersports, tennis and cycling along miles of scenic trails.
The accommodation at Desroches ranges in size from one bedroom suites to the five bedroom private villa; with various sizes in between. The detached suites and villas are well located for direct beach access, and all are designed with a classic style that mixes light, bright colours with dark wood and rattan furniture. Many of the accommodations have private pools, and some are offered with private butlers on hand to cater to your wish. Each villa is equipped with bikes and kayaks, enabling easy exploration of the island without the need to head to a central hub.
The team at Kids' Haven looks after children between the ages of five and 12, inspiring them with a dazzling array of activities that includes everything from kayaking and snorkelling to yoga, cookery and tortoise feeding. The spa also offers two massage treatments for children. Elsewhere, walking and cycle trails through the forest and a number of boat excursions are ideal for quality time together. Restaurants also cater to younger tastes.
- Escape Spa offering restorative treatments as well as a hair salon
- Tennis court and fitness centre
- Main swimming pool
- Library and games room
OUT & ABOUT
- Excellent diving and courses including caves and tunnels, wall dives and swim throughs
- Guided nature walks with the conservation team
- Cycling and walking
- Watersports including paddle boarding and wind-surfing
- Fly and game fishing excursions
WINE & DINE
- Exotic Indian Ocean flavours at The Terrace by the sea
- Light lunches and snacks at Ghost Crab Grill & Pizzeria
- International wines and delicious cocktails at L'Amirante
- Romantic private dining on the beach