Frégate Island’s 16 Private Pool Residences, all with butler service, are built into the hillside and connected to the harbour and restaurants via a network of paths. Created from traditional materials with thatched roofs, each residence has a terrace, large private infinity pool and Jacuzzi, daybed and dining pavilion and outdoor shower. Inside, décor is inspired by a Seychellois and Creole aesthetic in a palette of cream and white, enlivened by vivid pops of orange and lime. The largest residences have their own private spa facility, while some have direct beach access, and they all come with an island buggy to make it easier to find your own private corner of paradise.
Frégate is an inspiring natural playground for children, offering a unique opportunity to learn about endangered species and their habitats: they’ll be able to hold endemic beetles and get up close and personal with the cute ground-nesting terns. All of the residences can accommodate up to two children, with cots and highchairs available on request; older children can be accommodated in the larger Twin or Spa Residences. For children aged 3 -12, the Castaway Club and Clubhouse is an excellent facility, with a special Castaway Trail (no parents allowed) leading through the jungle to see the giant tortoises, as well as organised treasure hunts on the beach. There’s a small museum in the Plantation House where children can learn about more about the region’s history of piracy. Babysitting is available on request.
WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
It’s hard to think of a more romantic spot that Frégate – it even has a private chapel in which couples can get married. The island’s seven beaches are all seemingly made to be strolled upon hand in hand, though for extra privacy you can reserve one for your sole use. The resort’s dine 'anywhere, anytime' policy means you can enjoy lunch or supper à deux in the treehouse nestled in one of the resort’s largest banyan trees, in the banana grove, on lovely Anse Bambous beach or at any other location on the island. Book a couple's massage in the spa, take a night dive, watch iridescent dragonflies hovering over the lagoon-like pool or simply gaze at the sunset from your own luxurious terrace.
- DVD, book and music library, boutique, gallery, small museum, wine cellar and chapel
- Two freshwater pools, gym & tennis court
- Non-motorised watersports
- Yacht club and PADI dive centre
OUT & ABOUT
- Nature walks with resident conservationists
- Stargazing programme to explore the night sky
- Sashimi picnics on a private boat excursion
- Watch tiny sea turtle hatchlings emerging from their nests
FOOD & DRINK
- Dine ‘anywhere, anytime’, with innovative cuisine inspired by homegrown produce
- Frégate House for international cuisine and colonial-style Plantation House for BBQs and creole cuisine
- Two bars, including one on beautiful Anse Bambous beach
- Cocktails on Mont Signal, the highest point on the island
- Private dining and picnic cruises