This 16th-century colonial manor is historic through and through, the product of a sensitive five-year restoration. Once home to the conquistador Diego de Almagro (and later to the Libertador Simón Bolívar), it was one of the first Spanish buildings in Cusco, on the central Plaza de las Nazarenas.
There are just 11 rooms - looking either through characterful stone arches onto the property's handsome inner courtyard or over the plaza - each decorated in glorious colonial style with open fires, exposed beams, marble bathrooms and dining spaces just for two. Drinks and afternoon tea can be enjoyed in the courtyards, while locally-sourced Peruvian fusion is served in the intimate dining room or atmospheric terrace.
A therapy room offers bespoke treatments (such as an oxygen mask and foot massage), also using locally-sourced products. With historic art and antiques all around, this is a sensational boutique home from home. The restaurant and bar is sure to satisfy your needs with its traditional Peruvian cuisine using local ingredients and, perhaps best of all, its evening cocktail hour.
Outside of the hotel, be sure to visit Cusco’s stunning Plaza de Armas with its vibrant flower displays walled by grandiose colonial architecture. While in Cusco, it would be remiss not to visit the fascinating nearby ruins of Sacsayhuaman and mesmerising Incan fortress of Machu Picchu. Adventurers will want to discover a different side to the Sacred Valley with a mountain biking tour across the Peruvian Andes.
- Couples and honeymooners
- Solo travellers
- History and culture enthusiasts
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Indulge yourself in a soothing treatment at the spa
- Hone your culinary skills and discover the secrets of local cuisine with an insightful cookery lesson
- Enjoy refreshing cocktails during the bar’s vibrant cocktail hour
- Immerse yourself in local culture with a coca leaf reading by a local Sharman
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Explore the Sacred Valley of the Incas by mountain bike
- Explore Cusco City’s distinctive colonial architecture and bustling markets
- Visit the mesmerising ancient ruins of Sacsayhuaman and Machu Picchu
- Marvel at Cusco Cathedral’s spectacular architecture and Plaza de Armas’ vibrant flower gardens