An equestrian's paradise and heaps of fun for the whole family, Brush Creek provides one of America's most rewarding and immersive dude ranch holidays - at once authentically Western and gloriously indulgent. The vast private ranch provides boundless adventure, while back home you can expect hearty, field-fresh cuisine, cosy log cabins and a warm Western welcome.
Brush Creek ranch lies in the beautiful Platte River Valley, deep in rural Wyoming. The ranch began life in the late 1800s and remains a working cattle ranch to this day. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with ranch life, whether it's saddling up for a cattle drive or trying your hand at fly fishing or big game hunting.
At Brush Creek you won't have to compromise on luxury. You can choose to stay in a cosy room in the main Trailhead lodge or in one of the spacious log cabins, crafted in the style of the ranch's original homestead, that are dotted across the landscape. The cabins have kitchen/dining areas, large living areas with potbelly stove or fireplace, and bathrooms with bath/showers. Larger groups of up to 24 might prefer the Magee Homestead - a group of seven cabins lying farther away from the main lodge in a quiet creek-side spot. Magee's has sumptuous, homely communal areas and the team will gladly provide meals. For a really memorable experience, head out to Jim's Draw Yurt for a night under the stars in a stunning, quiet alpine setting.
Days at Brush Creek are likely to be active, whether out and about or enjoying the sports back at the ranch; but it's also a lovely place to relax. The spa provides the perfect antidote to days on the go, and the owners are serious about yoga. Dining each evening is a real highlight; whether at the smart Trailhead Lodge, the relaxed Chugwagon and Saloon, or out by the camp fire, the cuisine at Brush Creek is true to the South West and made with delicious fresh produce.
The Brush Creek philosophy is to allow everyone to enjoy experiences outside their comfort zone in a safe and supportive environment. The team of experts at Outfitters Barn will provide information and equipment for an array of activities which can be enjoyed on the ranch and beyond, either in the morning or afternoon.
- Riding (from cattle rides to trail rides to eventing)
- Fly fishing
- Shooting sports (including archery, wing shooting and big gamehunting)
- Hiking and cycle trail adventures
- Challenge pursuits (such as zip lining and rock climbing)
- Various sports on-site (including basketball, volleyball, bocce ball and ladder golf)
- 24-hour fitness studio
- Boating on Platte River
- Yurt camping
Brush Creek also offers a L'il Wranglers programme for children aged between four and eight. Weekly sessions will introduce children to the ins and outs of ranch life, including sessions on horsemanship, wildlife, crafts, ecology and pioneer history, with
plenty of time for outdoor adventures.
PRE AND POST SUGGESTIONS:
- White-water rafting on the Colorado River
- Exploring any of the numerous national parks in the region - Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Canyonlands or Zion to name just some
- Take a houseboat out on Lake Powell
- See the bright lights of Vegas and take in a show
- Finish on the Californian coast with the vineyards of Napa Valley and the stunning coastline around Big Sur and Carmel
- Visit the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument
- Drive from town to town exploring the Rocky Mountains
- Fly to Los Angeles for a combination of beach, shopping and Hollywood highlights including Universal Studios, Rodeo Drive and celebrity-filled restaurants