Lying at the base of Montana's John Long Mountains, Ranch at Rock Creek covers an area of nearly 7,000 acres that includes several miles of river. The beautiful landscape incorporates meadows, forests, lakes and mountain peaks, and the team encourage visitors to enjoy it on foot or by bicycle. The result is a peaceful ranch offering escape from the norm.
Accommodation is in a variety of log cabins that range considerably in size - from the romantic Bluebird Cabin for two to the Historic Barn which sleeps up to 15. Rustic on the outside but wonderfully homely on the inside, the cabins fit seamlessly into the Montana wilderness and lie in a variety of picturesque locations across the ranch. Endless activities await, while back at ranch there are three dining options as well as a heavenly spa offering a menu of rejuvenating treatments and a cedar sauna - very welcome after days on the go. The spa also offers yoga sessions for guests of all abilities to be enjoyed either on the mat or in a beautiful serene setting somewhere under the sun. When outdoor activities get too much, you can wallow in the pool and Jacuzzi; and in the evening the Saloon provides an authentically Western retreat for bowling, billiards, karaoke, board games and TV.
- Target shooting
- Fly fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife viewing (including wonderful birdlife, moose, deer, elk, wolves, coyotes and beavers)
- Snowcat adventures
- Sleigh rides
- Ice skating on the lakes
Little Grizzlies Kids Club Fun and inclusive, Little Grizzlies provides the chance for children between the ages of four and 12 to learn about life in the Wild West through a programme of immersive activities. One day they might be learning how to groom and saddle up a horse at the stables, while the next they could be exploring the ecology of the area or taking part in team games back at the lodge.
PRE AND POST SUGGESTIONS:
- White-water rafting on the Colorado River
- Exploring any of the numerous national parks in the region -Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Canyonlands or Zion to name justsome
- Take a houseboat out on Lake Powell
- See the bright lights of Vegas and take in a show
- Finish on the Californian coast with the vineyards of Napa Valley and the stunning coastline around Big Sur and Carmel
- Visit the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument
- Drive from town to town exploring the Rocky Mountains
- Fly to Los Angeles for a combination of beach, shopping and Hollywood highlights including Universal Studios, Rodeo Drive and celebrity-filled restaurants