Dating back to 1697, the extensive domain offers privacy, seclusion and a unique setting for a large family gathering; the grounds are teeming with mature trees, flowering shrubs, fruit orchards and over 500 olive trees that produce around 800 litres of oil annually. The former monastery was constructed by the monks of the order of Saint Honorat, who farmed the land for 130 years and with many ancient olive trees and historic features prevalent, the property oozes a genuine sense of nobility and a window to the past without its' guests having to compromise on modern creature comforts.
The estate provides guest accommodation split across four separate buildings; The Monastery, The Farm, The Bergerie and L'Oliveraie providing flexibility and options for a large group. Everyone comes together for dining under the vine draped pergola and around the large, heated pool that is set a short distance from the main accommodation. Renovated over time, the main house (Monastery) is a charming and elegant building blessed with six bedrooms, three separate living areas with air-conditioning and a lift as well as access to the terrace. The remaining seven bedrooms are shared across three independent buildings.
- Three separate living rooms with fireplaces, TV area opening to the sunny terrace
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with double bed (1m60), dressing room and en suite bathroom, bath with hand-held shower
- Bedroom 2: Double bedroom (1m60), en suite shower room and inter-connecting door with bedroom 4
- Bedroom 3: Double bedroom (1m80) with en suite bathroom, bath with hand-held shower
- Bedroom 4: Double bedroom (1m60), en suite bathroom, access via the lift
- Bedroom 5: Double bedroom (1m60) and en suite bathroom, bath with hand-held shower
- Bedroom 6: Single bedroom with 1 sink and private loo suitable for children only.
- Well-equipped kitchen with separate pantry
- Small dining area
- Larger dining area for up to 10 guests opening onto the terrace with outside dining area
- Lounge area with TV
- Bedroom 7: Double bedroom (1m60) with en suite shower.
- Bedroom 8: Double bedroom with French bed (1m40) and separate bathroom with bath.
- Small lounge area with TV; opens to the terrace.
- Bedroom 9: Double bedroom (1m50) with dressing and separate bathroom with bath and shower.
- Small living room
- Kitchen area
- Bedroom 10: Double bedroom (1m80m), en suite bathroom with shower and bath.
- Bedroom 11: Double bedroom with French size bed (1m40), en suite bathroom with bath.
- Bedroom 12: Bunk bedroom (sleeps 2) with shower room.
- Bedroom 13: Bunk bedroom (sleeps 2) with shower room.
The Gardens: Large and mature grounds, with many pathways, olive trees, terraces and a private tennis court. The swimming pool is set about a one minute walk away.
Why we like it: A Provencal retreat with a timeless feel, fantastic location near to Valbonne and the glitz and glamour of the coast.