The vision behind Tramonti is exciting and modern without casting aside the delightful bucolic features of Chianti that have been luring travellers over for centuries. It's a modern-classic, Tuscan farmhouse, where interiors provide ultimate comfort and belie the villa's ancient foundations. The property blends deliciously into Chianti's well-tended terraces of lushly ordered vines, twisting olive groves and tantalising castellated hilltops that roll off into the distance. From its privileged position, on a commanding flank of high ground to the Southwest of Castellina, there are heart-warming views that extend as far as the iconic mountains of the Val d'Orcia and the pretty Val d'Elsa. Five minutes from Castellina (by car) and within easy striking distance of all the great places this property already demands early booking to ensure the availability of prized weeks of the year.
The gardens and grounds at Tramonti are beautifully designed. There are a host of outdoor features that are designed to lend themselves superlatively to holidaying in this part of the world. There are two spectacular swimming pools, one (18 x 6m), which can be heated and has a changing room with in and outdoor shower, a helpful shallower level for children, and stairs. Beautifully set up around the pool are high quality loungers and parasols. There's also a table to seat 6 perfect for a repass of some sort. A second pool (8 x 8m) can also be nice for the children with a 1m depth shallower end. Both pools are beautifully set within grounds that also include a South-westerly facing terrace and beautifully designed outdoor living area with surround sound, sofas and chairs that can seat up to 14 guests. All overlooks glorious swathes of Chianti. There's also an outdoor dining room (covered), with seating for 14 guests and an outdoor kitchenette with dishwasher.
Interiors throughout Tramonti are beautifully designed making use of a mix of period pieces and styles with custom made sofas and beds throughout. There's A/C in all the bedrooms, upstairs common area and gym. The house is wired for sound and vision with complimentary Wi-Fi and a superb centralised music system with every room having its own controls. There are also IPod docks in the media room and three main bedrooms.
The indoor gym is air-conditioned and equipped with Techno-Gym machines: a treadmill, spinning bike, weights and elliptical.
MAIN VILLA (Please note that in Mid & Low Season the Main house can be rented on its own)
- Bedroom 1: Master - Super King bed, large sitting area, real fireplace, seating area, dressing room, plenty of windows, en suite bathroom with bath tub, walk-in shower and window
- Bedroom 2: Master - Super King, large sitting area, real fireplace, en suite bathroom with walk-in shower
- Bedroom 3: Master - Super King, real fireplace, en suite bathroom with bathtub
- Bedroom 4: Double, en suite bathroom with bathtub and wall mounted shower
- Bedroom 5: Twin, or King, en suite bathroom with wall mounted shower
The guest house accommodates 4 guests in an open plan living space comprising living room, entertainment area, dining and kitchen. It's a bright space with large windows and a fussball and billiards table for entertainment. Stairs lead down to a lower level where there is access to a terrace and the swimming pool.
- Bedroom 6: Double bedroom with king-size bed, walk in closet, en suite bathroom with bathtub and shower over bath. Doors open up onto terrace and pool area (caution for young children)
- Bedroom 7: Double bedroom with twin beds and en suite bathroom with shower over bath.