Two broad terraces paved with stone reclaimed from a piazza in Arezzo create an outdoor living area with casual seating under large, shady umbrellas, as well an al fresco dining area, including an outdoor fireplace for grilling in the Tuscan tradition and a wood-fired pizza oven. A series of iron-framed double doors lead to the interior of the property and living areas of the ground floor. A palette of earth tones combines beautifully with features including reclaimed wooden floors, beamed ceilings and terracotta tiles, and detail of rich fabrics in bedrooms and hand-carved marble sinks in bathrooms.
Large windows capture the magnificent, wide panorama of the Val d'Orcia, with a list of visible landmarks reading much like a classic tour of Tuscany; Monte Amiata, Monte Cetona, Radicofani, Pienza, Montalcino, Rocca d'Orcia, Contignano and Chiarentana.
For larger groups of up to 38 guests, Villa d'Orcia can be rented alongside nearby sister property Podere Due Scale.
- Large living room with open fireplace and access to terrace
- Dining room
- Bedroom 1: Queen-sized bed, en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 2: Twin beds, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3 (Master): King-sized bed, walk-in closet, en suite bathroom with bath tub
- Bedroom 4 (Loft): One double and 2 x single beds, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 5: Queen-sized bed, walk-in closet, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 6: Queen-sized bed, en suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 7: Twin beds, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 8: King-sized bed, en suite bathroom
WHY WE LIKE IT: The Villa d’Orcia’s style and design is special, but it is the raised position overlooking the Crete Senesi that provides an outlook to live long in the memory.