Originally a 16th century farmhouse and olive press for the neighbouring farms, Villa Poligono is protected by wild and rugged mountains that provide a dramatic backdrop, and is blessed with soothing views along the luscious valley with enchanting walks through woodlands and as far as the river. Terraced gardens and extensive lawns lead into olive groves, and the estate's produce includes lemons, peppers, tomatoes and aubergines, with oranges pressed daily for breakfast by the full-time cook, perfect after a morning that can begin with peaceful relaxation on the property's yoga terrace.
Although close to beaches, and 3km from the main road, guests are hard pushed to leave the property, with hammocks, funky pool, tennis court and numerous sundowner spots enhancing this Mallorcan sanctuary. With over 175 acres of private grounds to explore, Villa Poligono is a family retreat where relaxation, tranquillity and the best of Mediterranean living combine.
Thick stone walls, tiled floors and beamed ceilings characterise the main farmhouse building with large open-plan living and dining areas that open on to the shaded terrace offering sweeping valley views and the gardens surrounding the pool are alive with local flora and fauna. The hardcourt tennis court, set away from the house provides a venue for those seeking a competitive element during the day, with evening battles played out on the indoor pool table.
- Open-plan living and dining area
- TV area with English channels
- Pool table and stone fireplace
- Farmhouse Kitchen
- Bedroom 1 with Double bed, AC, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 2 with Twin beds, AC, en-suite bathroom with shower
There are 4 steps from the ground floor leading up to the above bedrooms.
- Bedroom 3 with Double bed, AC, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower
- Bedroom 4 1st Master with Double bed, AC, en-suite bathroom, dressing room and private veranda
- Bedroom 5 with Twin beds, AC, private bathroom (across the corridor)
- Bedroom 6 2nd Master with Double bed, AC, en-suite bathroom with shower (down 8 steps)
- Bedroom 7 3rd Master with Double bed, AC, en-suite bathroom with bath and hand-held shower
Bedrooms 4, 5 and 6 share a balcony which has a very low (approx. 30cm) wall.
The Gardens: Luscious and vibrant with terraced gardens, lawns, fruit trees and tennis court.
The Views: Views along the green valley with mountains as a backdrop.
Why we like it: Dramatic yet peaceful and rural setting with the hustle and bustle of Pollensa and the Port of Pollensa a short drive away.