Each year between May and September, Clayoquot offers the opportunity to immerse yourself in nature without forgoing the luxuries of a five star resort, including supremely comfortable tented accommodation, five-star cuisine, and the best personalised service. There are 20 well-appointed guest tents connected by cedar walkways through the trees, sleeping up to five people.
Each evening the Clayoquot team will sit down with you to discuss the following day's adventures to ensure you get to see and do as much as you would like during your stay in the Canadian wilderness. Head out on one of the horses on an ultra-comfortable western style saddle, take to the water by boat, kayak or canoe, or simply leave on foot or bike for some of the most spectacular trails anywhere in the world. Back at camp, adventurous days are complemented by wonderfully luxurious and atmospheric evenings, as the light fades on the forest, fires are lit, and the chef prepares a delicious feast using the fresh produce from the area. You can relax in the cedar hot stub before dinner, or opt to stay behind one morning or afternoon for a trip to the beautifully positioned spa.
- Kayaking adventures on rushing rivers or calmer ocean waters; on Bedwell Sound you can watch for foraging bears, eagles and otters
- Surfing or scuba diving from pristine and secluded beaches
- Guided day hikes along forest trails and on Flores Island; which can be followed by a private dinner under the stars
- Riding through forests and along the coastline watching for bears and other wildlife; horses are available for all ability levels
- Hot springs tour, including whale watching for humpbacks, grey and killer whales and a gentle trek to the natural geo-thermal pools dotted amongst the ancient cedars and ferns (best May to Sep)
- Various shooting - skeet shooting, target shooting - andarchery
- Ocean or freshwater fishing
- Rock climbing, mountain biking, paintballing and zip-lining
- Excursions with expert guides to explore First Nations cultures
- Healing Grounds Spa - massages and treatments, cedar hot tubs and sauna, and sun-decks
- Stable of well-trained horses
- Snug communal dining area and terrace
PRE AND POST SUGGESTIONS
- Start with at least two nights in Vancouver to get over your jet lag and enjoy the vibrant city with its wonderful outdoor lifestyle.
- Spend at least two nights at the stunning Wickanninish Inn on Chesterman Beach in Tofino for long beach walks, swimming andsurfing.
- Fly one hour from Tofino to Nimmo Bay in the Great Bear Rainforest beside the Mackenzie Straits for some of the world's best heli fishing and mountain hiking in an atmosphere of music and humour around a blazing fire pit on the floating dock.