Though set in the heart of one of the world's wildest places, no sacrifices need to be made when it comes to comfort during a stay at Duba Explorers. Raised on wooden platforms and shaded by the broad boughs of mature mangosteen and leadwood trees, the camp’s five expedition tents are classically styled for a timeless safari experience. The spacious living areas feature soft beds and vintage wooden writing desks, with intricate patterns of Persian rugs providing bright splashes of colour. Large ensuite bathrooms come with generous rainfall showers and twin vanities. The outside world is constantly accessible on the expansive deck, your own personal refuge to sit and absorb the ever-changing vistas of the plains.
Days at Duba Explorers Camp are packed with adventures. You’ll glide through the Okavango’s channels by boat for close encounters with elephants, hippos and other icons of these magnificent wetlands. Explorations by 4x4 into the bush offer opportunities to see lions, leopards and brown hyenas amongst many other enchanting creatures. Other options for immersions into the wild include catch and release fishing trips and birdwatching in search of some the region’s impressive 400 recorded species.
As the day’s explorations draw to a close, unwind on the tree-shaded dining deck, where you can observe the wildlife on the plains before you as you dine on delicious homemade cuisine. Follow this with a warming nightcap around the blazing firepit, reflecting on the events of the day and contemplating the endless night skies.
- Lovers of wildlife and birds
- Serenity seekers
THINGS TO DO AT THE CAMP:
- Wake to unforgetteable vistas of sunrise over the pristine wetlands
- Observe some of the region’s 400 recorded species of bird, including the malachite kingfisher
- Unwind on the deck and absorb the surrounding wildlife and views
- Cool off after a game drive in the refreshing swimming pool
- Engage children in the Young Explorers programme
- Feast on delicious, freshly-prepared cuisine under a blanket of stars
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Cruise the Ngoga River in a traditional mokoro canoe in search of elephant, wildebeest and kudu
- Spot lion, zebra and wild dog during a night game drive
- Discover the flora and fauna of the delta from a different perspective on a walking safari
- Go catch and release fishing in the bountiful waters
- Pause your safari with a crisp glass of champagne as the sun sets over the plains