Beautifully located on the doorstep of East Africa’s most iconic wildlife reserve, the Maasai Mara, Cottar’s 1920s Camp promises a classic safari experience at its very best, recalling the golden age of the 1920s. Cream canvas tents, original campaign furniture, four-poster beds, vintage photography, leather armchairs worn smooth with age, and brass lanterns ensure the very essence of safari, with 21st-century comforts including private bathrooms. Baths can be arranged in classic safari-style canvas baths out in the open with views over the surrounding savannah.
The camp consists of nine private tents: one unique honeymoon tent, four double tents and four family suites; all have en suite bathrooms and there are fireplaces and living rooms in the family tents. The main mess tent is filled with period furnishings with ample space for relaxing, reading, conversation and enjoying pre-dinner drinks. Dinners are at a magnificent table laden with silverware. There’s an additional mess tent close to the pool.
The professional guides are of the highest standard and their ‘eagle eyes’ will ensure that any game sightings will not be missed.
- Couples & families of all ages.
- Safari and wildlife devotees.
THINGS TO DO AT THE CAMP:
- Relax after a game drive at the spectacular pool.
- Unwind with a complimentary massage in the spa.
- Admire the savannah whilst bathing in a unique safari bath or shower.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Day and night game drives in the Maasai Mara game reserve.
- Game walks in the bush.
- Visit a Maasai community and learn about their traditions.
- Dine out in the bush.
- River swimming and fishing.
- Running with a Maasai warrior.
- Maasai Warrior School.
- Balloon flight over the Maasai Mara.