Located within the beautiful savannah landscape of the Mara North Conservancy within the Maasai Mara eco-system, with plains teeming with game including populations of lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, Elephant Pepper Camp is ideal for wildlife lovers. Between July and October, the migration of wildebeest, zebra and gazelles thunder through this region on their circle of life between the Maasai Mara and Tanzania’s Serengeti – one of nature’s most awe-inspiring spectacles.
There are eight well-spaced Meru-style tents (four double and four twin) with their own private verandahs nestled under fig and elephant pepper trees, with a larger honeymoon/family tent at each end of the camp. Dark wood and brass Indian campaign furniture create a sense of history.
Public areas include a mess tent with ample sofas, armchairs and a well-stocked bar. There’s also a dining tent with communal dining table. The camp’s owner’s Italian heritage is evident in the delicious Northern Italian menu! Firepits and al fresco seating complete a most enjoyable social area.
The remote location and lack of light pollution ensures perfect stargazing opportunities, accompanied by the sound of nocturnal wildlife and a cosy duvet.
- Wildlife lovers.
- Couples & families.
THINGS TO DO AT THE CAMP:
- Relax on your verandah and watch for wildlife – big and small.
- Meet your fellow guests in the mess tent.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Day and night game drives with guides based in the camp.
- Bush walks with experienced guides.
- Activities for younger guests include nature rambles, firing bow and arrows and casting tracks.
- Bush breakfasts in the open plains.
- Visit a traditional Maasai community.
- Hot air balloon safari over the Maasai Mara.