Situated on the cliffs in the wild Northern Laikipia Province and set on a family run 5,000 acre working ranch with a welcoming hospitality, this creates a truly remote but comforting feel to Ol Malo Lodge.
The lodge has a warm atmosphere, with roaring fires, furniture of a rustic nature, handmade lights and large windows, great for wildlife spotting. There are exciting and unusual safari activities available, including camel and helicopter safaris, which really add to the whole experience of viewing Kenya's wildlife.
There are four en suite, traditional African style bedrooms, featuring magnificent handmade furnishings and a private verandah with an oversized hot tub, perfect for couples or solo travellers. Meals are included, with much of the produce being sourced from the lodge's ranch, such as vegetables and camel's milk.
To feel more at one with nature, there are opportunities for you to sleep out in the bush, either in the leopard hide, the tree house - for amazing star gazing, or tented fly-camping.
- Wildlife enthusiasts.
- Star gazers.
THINGS TO DO AT THE LODGE:
- Unwind in your private oversized hot tub after a busy day.
- Star gazing in the tree house.
- Tented fly-camping.
- Get closer to the African nocturnal wildlife and stay a night in the leopard hide.
- Enjoy breakfast surrounded by resident Eland.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Game drives.
- Spectacular helicopter ride.
- Horse riding through the bush.
- Walk on foot or ride a camel or horse and camp in the wilderness.
- Fishing in vast lakes.
- Elephant spotting.
- Visit the local villages and learn more about their culture.