Each suite and cottage possesses its own personality, every one packed with luxurious features that elevate them into to truly special places to stay. Take your pick from Twyfeling, with its free-standing copper bath and contemporary canopied bed, Gelatenheid, with high vaulted ceilings and private, wood-fired hot tub or Oortuiguing, with private pool and rich antique furniture. Whatever you choose, you’ll enjoy Akademie Street’s attention to detail and special touches throughout – including a mobile phone pre-loaded with the numbers of all the local wineries.
Franschhoek’s status as South Africa’s culinary capital means that many of the country’s finest restaurants are within walking distance of Akademie Street. Hotel staff will be on hand to suggest options based upon your personal tastes and book tables for you during your stay. While Akademie Street leaves lunch and dinner to its illustrious neighbours, it pulls out all the stops for breakfast, serving a tantalising selection of fresh local fruit, smoothies, roasted granola and hot dishes, all of which can be enjoyed in the attractive, vine-shaded courtyard. In addition, every evening sees sunset drinks served in the courtyard, giving you plenty of opportunities to sample some of the finest local vintages.
- Couples and romantics
- Wine enthusiasts
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Begin the day with one of Akademie Street’s superb breakfasts on the shaded courtyard
- Relax by the swimming pool or in one of the wood fired hot tubs after a day of culinary adventures
- Round off the day with a nightcap by the fire
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Stroll into the heart of Franschhoek to absorb its legendary food and wine scene
- Discover the history of wine production in the region with a tour on the Franschhoek Wine Tram
- Take a curated tour through some of the region’s renowned art galleries
- Visit the Cape Dutch farm of Babylonstoren for a memorable culinary experience