Located in Bantry Bay, Ellerman House is a privately owned, boutique hotel offering spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean, against the dramatic backdrop of Lion’s Head. This urban retreat offers exclusivity for discerning travellers, as well as the best sunset in Cape Town.
Each of the 13 rooms has been beautifully and individually styled with unique artworks. Discover the hotel’s extensive art collection with in-house guide, Talita Swarts, as she explains the huge cultural shift in South Africa.
The Ellerman House Wine Gallery showcases an outstanding selection and provides the perfect setting for daily wine tastings. Begin your day with breakfast - don’t miss the chef’s renowned Eggs Benedict – before visiting Clifton’s sheltered beaches or exploring the city. Return to relax by the pool or in the tranquil spa.
As the sun dips into the bay, enjoy complimentary cocktails and canapés on the terrace. Chef Grant Daniels’ food works in symphony with the hotel’s fine wines and art collection. Vibrant dishes take inspiration from his Cape Malay roots with spices to delight the senses.
- Art enthusiasts.
- Culinary aficionados.
- Wine connoisseurs.
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Explore the collection of fine art at Ellerman House with a private art guide.
- Visit the award-wining wine collection in the Ellerman House wine gallery.
- Enjoy delicious cuisine influenced by the South African roots of the chef.
- Relax in the pool.
- Enjoy complimentary cocktails and canapés on the terrace.
- Unwind in the Spa, with a range of treatments on offer.
- Stroll around the gardens.
- Relax at the end of the day with a drink or two at the BAR ROC.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Visit Clifton’s sheltered beaches.
- Explore the city.
- Swim in the sea.
- Explore Table Mountain.
- Visit Kirstenbosch – more than 1000 acres of botanical gardens.
- Venture to Boulders Beach and observe the African penguins.
- Go to Robben Island.
- Walk up Signal Hill, boasting incredible panoramas over Cape Town.