In the heart of the Garden Route lies Kurland, a sophisticated hotel bursting with worldly charm and situated in the peaceful countryside on a 700 hectare private estate, near to Plettenberg Bay - an area famous for its stunning sandy beaches and whale watching. The property boasts stunning views over the Estate and across to the surrounding mountains of Nature’s Valley, home to an abundance of flora and fauna.
Kurland has twelve private, spacious suites and the Kurland Villa - all designed with children in mind. Four of the suites are Superior ones which feature a private courtyard, swimming pool and a water feature, creating a romantic setting, great for honeymooners.
A highlight for horticultural enthusiasts is the spectacular Rose Garden displaying award-winning Kurland Roses. There is much to do on the Estate, from dining in the Kurland restaurant which serves delicious, award-winning cuisine, to horse riding, watching or learning to play Polo, or unwinding with a spa treatment.
Children are well catered for at Kurland, with a private playroom available and a special children’s menu.
- Horticultural enthusiasts.
- Couples and families.
- Polo lovers.
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Enjoy reading some literature in the library.
- Unwind in Kurland’s luxury spa and choose from a range of treatments.
- Have a Polo lesson and between December – April watch polo tournaments taking place at Kurland and around Plettenberg Bay.
- Play on the tennis court.
- Admire the award-winning roses in the rose garden.
- Swim in the pool.
- Enjoy delicious cuisine at the Kurland restaurant located in the Homestead- it has won countless awards over the years.
- Admire the stunning surrounding scenery from the comfort of your suite.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Walking and running trails around Kurland.
- Go mountain biking.
- Venture out on a quad biking tour.
- Horse riding in and around Kurland Estate.
- Enjoy a picnic on the Estate.
- Visit the Bramon Wine Estate.
- Meet the felines at the Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre.
- Admire birds at the Birds of Eden.
- See primates at Monkeyland.
- Visit the Elephant Sanctuary.
- Spot the Marine Big Five on a Marine safari with Ocean Blue Adventures.
- Go golfing on the Garden Route.
- Visit a variety of food markets.
- Enjoy whale watching from the shore.