Sitting on Huguenot Road, the main street of Franschhoek, Le Quartier Francais is perfectly located for exploring the restaurants, galleries and shops of this lovely Cape Dutch town. Most of the guest rooms and suites overlook the tranquil, scented gardens whose swimming pool is surrounded by sun beds for lazy afternoons.
Each room has a fireplace for cooler days and has been decorated with beautiful fabrics and a distinctive colour palette. Some of the suites have their own private garden with a pool.
Protégé is the hotel’s informal dining destination, serving small plates with Asian, French and Italian influences. While La Petite Colombe is the sister restaurant to the world-renowned La Colombe in Constantia. It offers delectable 4-course or 8-course tasting menus, featuring taste sensations such as ravioli of langoustine with curried hake velouté or gochujang glazed pork with scallop, celeriac and horseradish.
Le Quartier Francais belongs to the Leeu Collection, whose founder is a partner in the award-winning Mullineux and Leeu Family Wines, so expect to find some fine wines to pair with your food.
- Wine connoisseurs.
- Culinary enthusiasts.
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Relax by the pool.
- Explore the gardens, including the herb garden.
- Enjoy delicious wines produced in the Leeu Estate.
- Wine tasting.
- Dine in the restaurants within the hotel and enjoy exquisite menus.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Unwind in the Spa at the Leeu Estates.
- Explore the shops and galleries in Franschhoek.
- Visit a craft beer microbrewery.
- Dine in a variety of award-winning restaurants.
- Go to a chocolatier.
- Be adventurous and go mountain biking, walking or fly fishing around Cape Town.
- Venture to pristine beaches.
- Play golf at a nearby golf course.
- Go whale watching – one of the best land-based viewing spots in Hermanus.
- Visit the Franschhoek Pass and admire the stunning views.
- Go to the Huguenot Memorial Museum and the Huguenot Monument.
- Keep fit in the Leeu Estates Gym.