- Couples & families
- Groups of friends
- Private parties & special occasions
- Those interested in conservation initiatives
The largest of the lodges on the reserve, Karoo Lodge offers Lodge Suites in the main homestead, private Karoo Suites in individual cottages in the garden and two Sibella Suites sharing a wooden deck overlooking a waterhole.
Available for exclusive-use when the owners are absent, Manor House offers four elegant en-suite rooms in a delightfully private homestead with attendant staff. A 21m infinity pool overlooks a waterhole frequented by visiting game. The large living room is beautifully cosy in winter when the fireplace blazes, and light and airy in the summer time when the patio doors are opened onto the shaded terrace. Dining venue is your choice from the dining room, boma, veranda or dining al fresco in the bush.
Delightfully remote, this secluded retreat comprises three bedrooms in the main house and two further bedrooms in a converted barn. A veranda extends around the main house and makes the perfect venue for sundowners followed by dinner. Alternatively dine in the boma or dining room. This is African wilderness living at its best.
THINGS TO DO ON THE RESERVE:
- Enjoy a massage with aromatic oils (excluding Mountain Retreat)
- Enjoy uninterrupted views from the veranda as the sun sets
- Explore ancient landscapes on foot and check out the rare Khoisanrock paintings of cheetahs
- Go on a game drive and see if you can spot Sibella, Samaras's rescued cheetah
- Go bird watching and spot South Africa's national bird, the endangered Blue Crane
- Go on a walking safari with a highly qualified ranger
- Travel up a steep mountain pass in a 4X4 vehicle to enjoy the spectacular views
- Go on a Night Safari and look out for aardvarks
- Dine under the stars in the boma