Grootbos has two private villas of four and six bedrooms, which sit within the reserve alongside its two hotel-style properties, Grootbos Garden Lodge and Grootbos Forest Lodge. Set in landscape orientation, the villas’ floor-to-ceiling windows take full advantage of the panoramic bay view foregrounded by lush vegetation. Each villa is fully-staffed and service is flawless, as is the culinary experience.
Villa 1 comprises six bedrooms, sleeping 12, and features frankly everything you could possibly need including two living rooms, three barbecue areas, a private cinema/media room, gym, pool and wine cellar. Villa 2 comprises four bedrooms, sleeping eight, as well as indoor and outdoor living areas, sauna, gym, games rooms and private pool.
THINGS TO DO AT THE PROPERTY
- Discover the exquisite flora and fauna of the reserve on a guided botanical walk or safari drive
- Take in the sweeping views over Walker Bay from the infinity pool
- Allow yourself to be spoilt by your private chef who can prepare gourmet picnics on the beach, hearty braais and first-class fine dining experiences
- Go birdwatching in search of colourful reserve residents such as the Sunbird or Cape Sugarbird
- Relax with a movie in the private cinema room
THINGS TO DO NEARBY
- Canter along the pristine beach on horse back
- Set out on a Marine Big 5 in search of dolphins, sharks and fur seals
- Discover the intriguing caves dotted along the towering De Kelders limestone cliffs
- Fly down the dunes on a fat bike
- Learn more about the fascinating community projects and environmental initiatives operating around Grootbos
- Whale watching (July to October).
WHY WE LIKE IT
Combine nature, coastline and outstanding food and wine in a polished and striking full-service villa. After memorable adventures on land and sea, retreat to supreme comfort, dazzling views and world-class levels of service.