The villa is surrounded by lush fynbos vegetation and pristine beaches, with much of the estate boasting stunning ocean views. The De Hoop Nature Reserve features over 50 miles of white sandy beaches and rolling dunes. A great diversity of animals are present in the reserve, including baboons, Bontebok and Eland antelope, Cape Mountain Zebra, the Marine Big Five, rock dassies and many more. The reserve is renowned for bird watching, with more than 260 species of birds to be found in the surrounding cliffs, wetlands and coastal fynbos. De Hoop Nature Reserve is also one of the best places to see Southern right whale. Every year from mid-July to November, these magnificent creatures search for a good spot to nurse and raise their calves in the shallow waters of the Overberg Coast.
Morukuru Ocean House comfortably accommodates eight adults and up to four children. The glass doors of the four adult suites offer a magnificent view over the waves of the Indian Ocean. Children will be fully occupied in their own bedroom with a television and board games. The wonderful interior design is inspired by the fynbos surrounding the villas. Guests can enjoy fabulous cuisine prepared by professional chefs, perhaps against an ocean backdrop on in the outdoor dining area. Wines to complement the meals can be personally chosen from the outstanding wine cellar. A personal private guide and game drive vehicle are available during the entire stay, and a wealth of activities on offer include guided nature walks, mountain biking, 4x4 drives and sundowners on the beach where you may even be fortunate to spot playful dolphins on the horizon.
THINGS TO DO AT THE PROPERTY
- Wake to the sight of uninterrupted ocean views
- Set out on a fascinating guided nature walk through the fynbos or along the coastline
- Go snorkelling in crystal clear tidal pools
- Discover the wildlife of the De Hoop Nature Reserve on a guided nature drive
- Embark upon a mountain biking adventure through extensive natural trails
- Cool down with an afternoon dip in the inviting swimming pool
- Zoom down the powder-soft dunes on a sandboard
- Observe the reserve’s rich array of birdlife and panoramic views from the roof terrace
- Keep children occupied with activities such as kite flying, shell collecting, baking and beach games
- Stroll down to the dunes for sundowner drinks looking out to sea
- Allow the expert chef to prepare delicious meals accompanied by fine South African wines and a memorable ocean backdrop
THINGS TO DO NEARBY
- Set out on a guided birdwatching cruise on the De Hoop vlei
- Challenge the family to game of tennis at the De Opstal courts
- Look out for Southern right whales on a seasonal whale watching cruise
WHY WE LIKE IT
This villa is just the complete package; situated on one of the most rewarding routes in South Africa, in the middle of a nature reserve with stunning ocean views and service levels that are second to none. The surrounding natural playground plays host to an array of exhilarating activities, and whale watching here is out of this world.