As part of The Zanzibar Collection, Baraza extends a warm welcome, and great attention is given to hospitality. Whether enjoying attentive pool-side service, being thoroughly pampered in the spa, or sampling Zanzibar's exotic flavours on the terrace, you will be in very good hands.
The 30 generously sized one and two bedroom villas at Baraza are located amongst the gardens, with views of the lush plants or down to sea. There are also several villas located on the beachfront. Each of the villas has a large indoor-outdoor living area and a private plunge pool, and benefits from the hotel's unique blend of design influences from Arabia, India and Tanzania.
Children will enjoy the proximity to the beach and the possibility of snorkelling on the reef and taking boat trips out to sea. The Baraza Kids Club cares for children aged between four and 12, though younger children are welcome as long as they are accompanied by a guardian. The club has play areas, games including ping pong and table football, a shaded pool and a library with a good film selection.
WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Baraza has a romantic charm that makes it ideal for honeymooners looking to relax by the beach, and the private pools and outdoor living space at each of the villas allows you to hide away whenever you feel like it. The hotel owners and staff pride themselves on the personalised service they offer and are delighted to work with anyone to design the perfect island wedding, whether big or small.
- Tennis court and gym
- Central pool with waiter service
- PADI dive centre
- Frangipani Spa offering a long list of treatments
OUT & ABOUT
- Snorkelling on the coral reef and PADI dive courses
- Watersports including windsurfing and kayaking
- Learn palm weaving or Swahili cookery
- Time in bustling Stone Town
WINE & DINE
- Alfresco breakfasts on the Livingstone Terrace
- Tandoori, pizza, salads and daily specials at Ocean Lounge
- Exotic Zanzibar flavours in The Sultans Dining Room
- Inventive cocktails at Dhahabu