Set within the bush and stretching along the banks of the Tarangire river are seven simple but elegant tents designed with natural tones of creams and browns. Positioned on a game corridor in the Tarangire National Park it is not uncommon to witness elephants roaming through the camp. With large windows and open sides to the tents, this provides sensational opportunities for observing wildlife in the bush from the comfort of your tent. The location is ideal for watching the vast array of five hundred bird species, a bird lovers paradise!
There are six spacious, light, en suite safari rooms with thatched roofs and a canvas body, which boast wonderful bush views. An eco-flush toilet is fitted and bucket indoor and outdoor showers, to reduce environmental impact. Kuro Tarangire has one family tent, with twin en suite bedrooms and a large connected sitting room. Please note that only children aged eight and over are welcome at the camp.
Days are spent on game drives and bush walks, whilst in the evenings it is possible to uncover creatures of the night on a game drive after sunset.
- Wildlife enthusiasts.
- Photography lovers.
- Bird watchers.
- Couples and families (children aged eight and over).
THINGS TO DO AT THE CAMP:
- Sit and watch the wildlife roam through camp; situated on a game corridor.
- Go bird watching around the camp, with over five hundred species of birds to be spotted. Enjoy delicious food in the main mess dining tent, boasting wonderful views of the bush to spot game or on the wooden, outdoor terrace.
- Sit and watch the sun setting over the glorious bush landscape.
- Enjoy a drink while gazing up at the stars.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Go on guided game drives, across the savannah and venture along riverbeds to spot lions and through elephant grass to see many other animals including buffalo.
- Discover the night wildlife on an evening game drive and look out for shining eyes in the bushes.
- Get closer to game whilst on a bush walk and feel more at one with nature.
- Breakfasts in the bush and safari picnics.