Nestled within an enchanting ancient acacia forest, a short distance from the rim of the spectacular Ngorongoro crater, is Lemala Ngorongoro Tented Camp, consisting of nine, private en suite tents with ample amounts of room and have a low impact on the surrounding environment - the camp is run entirely on solar power.
The camp enables quick and easy access to the Eastern side of the Ngorongoro crater, as it sits next to the Lemala crater access road; clients will be some of the first in the crater and photography lovers will be in paradise, as the sun rises over the landscape creating excellent lighting conditions.
The safari style tents are combined with primary Masai-coloured furnishings - each feature two queen-sized beds, warm heavy tog duvets, hot water bottles and gas heaters to keep you cosy during the night; which tend to be chilly as the camp is located near the crater rim.
Adventurous days are topped off with an evening sitting around the campfire, sharing stories and enjoying the fantastic atmosphere created by the Masai tribal dancers.
- Wildlife enthusiasts.
- Keen photographers.
- Classic safari lovers.
THINGS TO DO AT THE CAMP:
- Relax around the campfire in the evening and share stories of the day's adventures.
- Enjoy a refreshing drink from the bar.
- Unwind in the comfort of your tent and admire the beautiful natural surroundings.
- Learn about the traditions of the Maasai from the staff in the camp and watch their amazing tribal dancing around the campfire.
- Dine in the mess tent which has a warm atmosphere, created by the sofas, lamps, bookshelves, old wooden corner cabinets, chests and rugs and enjoy delicious, substantial meals.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Go on game drives on the floor of the Ngorongoro crater; an area teeming with game.
- Venture out on walks into the forest and along the rim of the crater, you will be accompanied by a Maasai guide and an armed ranger.
- Enjoy taking wonderful photos of the wildlife in the Ngorongoro crater.