Situated up high in the Grumeti Game Reserve within the Serengeti Mara ecosystem, with commanding panoramas over the plains and waterhole below, is Singita Faru Faru Lodge - a contemporary designed lodge with natural- toned furnishings, which oozes with luxury.
The spacious, light bedrooms, with enormous windows and vast outdoor decks, provide constant opportunities to admire the breath-taking scenery surrounding the lodge. There are seven one-bedroom suites, one family suite suitable for two adults and two children, and one two-bedroom suite with a private pool, suitable for four adults.
With much to do around camp, there is never a dull moment; from enjoying a drink at the cafe-style bar, taking a dip in the infinity pools, sitting around the firepit and gazing up at the endless starry African skies, enjoying delicious meals, wine tasting and working out in the gym. Or if you feel like relaxing, unwind with a spa treatment.
For children there are an abundance of activities for them to participate in and babysitting services are available.
- Wildlife lovers.
- Wine connoisseurs.
- Couples and families of all ages.
- Contemporary architecture enthusiasts.
THINGS TO DO AT THE LODGE:
- Visit the wine cellar with an extensive selection - Singita are Africa's biggest collectors of wine; enjoy wine tasting and have the opportunity to order your favourite wines to be delivered back home.
- Unwind and restore your body and mind with spa treatments offered at the camp, the signature one being the Mwarobaini 'Healer of 40'; dermalogica products are used for all treatments.
- Relax by and take a dip in either of the two pools in the main camp or at the private infinity pool at lodge's villa suite.
- Children's Activities - swimming, baking with chefs, arts and crafts, wildlife DVDs, board games, spa face painting, bush walks around camp and the Mini Ranger's Course.
- Relax in your tent and admire the beautiful surrounding African scenery.
- Visit the Faru Faru Boutique which has a broad range of African merchandise.
- Keep fit in the fully equipped gym, with stunning views out over the plains.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Visit observation point 7, a viewing point used by the Singita Grumeti Fund anti-poaching unit which provides fantastic sunset views over the endless plains below. Learn about the work that the game scouts do.
- Go on daily game drives with experienced guides.
- Venture out on an evening game drive and see the bush come alive with the nocturnal animals.
- Visit the surrounding communities and see the success that the Singita projects are having on them.
- Enjoy guided bush walks and learn more about the flora and fauna of the plains; minimum age for this is fifteen years old.
- Visit the Sasakwa Lodge boutique, which can be organised by the camp.