Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge, set on the Nteko Ridge in the south-west of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, is ideally located for gorilla trekking as it is just a short walk from the lodge to the park headquarters, from where treks set out. The surrounding forest is also home to (unhabituated) chimpanzees that co-exist alongside the gorillas, hundreds of additional mammals, birds, butterflies and many beautiful species of trees.
The luxurious stone cottages, each with large en-suite bathrooms, dressing areas and fireplaces, are tastefully decorated in restful, neutral colours and showcase original Ugandan oil paintings. There are glorious views from the bedroom windows and each room has spacious interiors with living areas housing comfy armchairs for relaxing evenings. Each cottage has its own private terrace with views of the stunning rain forest.
Guests will enjoy relaxing and dining in the elegant main building with its exposed beams, numerous sofas and bar. Delicious meals are prepared with organic produce from the gardens and your personal butler will attend to your every need. Evenings can be spent ensconced by a log fire reminiscing about your incredible gorilla encounters with fellow guests.
- Wildlife lovers.
THINGS TO DO AT THE LODGE:
- Tracking mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- Guided walks in the forest reserve.
- Mountain biking along the ridge.
- Bird spotting with the help of experienced birding guides.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Enjoy a local church service and meet members of the local community.
- Play a game of football against a local team.
- Spot wildlife, butterflies, birds and different species of trees.