Volcanoes Bwindi Lodge has been a home away from home for gorilla trekkers for many years. The luxury safari lodge has a rustic charm with a modern, sophisticated ambience. The central lounge and communal dining area offer spectacular views of the forest below and an ideal setting for evenings around the fireplace reliving exciting gorilla sightings.
The décor in this wilderness safari lodge is contemporary and designed to meld with its natural surroundings. The eight unique cottages, each with en-suite bathroom, are named after Bwindi’s famous gorillas and furnished with four-poster beds, hand-carved furniture and terraces affording stunning views of the surrounding forest.
The expansive main terrace is ideal for enjoying sundowners and the view is so enchanting that even the mountain gorillas occasionally amble in to relax in the gardens surrounding the lodge. Guests can follow the River Trail below the lodge and take a dip, perhaps watched by inquisitive monkeys. Not much will make you want to leave the comfort of the lodge and the personal butler service, but a short walk to the local village for a tapas style meal at the popular Bwindi Bar is a must.
- Safari lovers.
- Wildlife enthusiasts.
THINGS TO DO AT THE LODGE:
- Mountain gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- Bird spotting from the panoramic outdoor terrace.
- Walks around the grounds on marked trails.
- Relaxing massages in the Forest Spa Humula mw' Ishamba.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Visit Bwindi Bar to sample delicious dishes made by locals.
- Learn how tea is grown, picked and traditionally processed.
- Visit schools and orphanages in the nearby town of Buhoma.
- Learn about the work carried out at Bwindi Community Hospital.