With 20 suites and five villas, two of which come with their own private butler and spa treatment room, you will want for nothing at Six Senses Thimphu. Floor-to-ceiling windows compliment the wooden and stone features in the suites and villas, basking them in a warming light, while the traditional wood burner wraps the room in cosy heat. The heart of the property is dominated by a tranquil infinity pool that overlooks the rolling hills. The fabulous wellness centre includes a steam room, sauna and Bhutanese hot stone bath, as well as a wealth of pampering treatments.
During the day, immerse yourself in the Bhutanese history and culture with visits to medieval dzongs, and the traditional arts and crafts of Bhutan. With the capital a stone’s throw away, you can explore the many incredible attractions which showcase the country's rich diversity.
As evening approaches, settle into a truly delicious dinner out on the terrace, letting the inky night sky wrap the valley in darkness. Take in the spectacle of the peppering of monastic lights in the distant valley, and let the utter quiet and tranquillity of Six Senses wash over you.
- Couples and romantics
- Lovers of culture and history
- Spa and wellness enthusiasts
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL
- Begin the day with an energising yoga class
- Sink into a healing hot stone bath in the spa
- Take the short hike to Lungsigang to enjoy afternoon tea surrounded by fragrant pine trees
- Sample the lodge’s signature cocktail, a butterfly-pea flower daquiri
- Dine on the lantern lit terrace admiring the shimmering lights of the Thimphu Valley
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Explore Thimphu’s wealth of temples and fortresses, including the centuries-old Simtokha Dzong
- Visit a monastic school and receive an astrology reading from a Buddhist monk
- Stop by the Institute of Art and Craft or the Textile Museum to learn more about Bhutan’s rich cultural heritage
- Hike to the barely visited hillside monastery at Talakha to meet the monks and plant your own tree