At the heart of the resort is the main pool area, surrounded by verdant lawns and facing out to Amansara's striking circular restaurant. A path through the gardens leads to the tranquil spa, which offers a range of restorative treatments to soothe tired limbs after a busy day exploring Angkor. Guest suites are set in a secluded location towards the rear of the resort, separated by a central garden. All are light and contemporary, furnished in a neutral palette and boasting deep-soaking bath tubs and private terraces. Upgraded suites offer a private courtyard with reflection pool, or an enclosed terrace with plunge pool.
Amansara's main restaurant offers all-day dining from a tempting menu of Khmer and international cuisine, which can be enjoyed on the terrace overlooking the gardens. The Roof Terrace opens seasonally for sunrise yoga, evening drinks and private dining experiences.
Discover the secrets of the ancient Khmer empire with a visit to the esteemed Angkor World Heritage site, as well as other nearby temples such Wat Bo. Immerse yourself further into life in rural Cambodia culture with a 4x4 exploration of some the region's traditional rural communities, or embrace Buddhist traditions with a cleansing water blessing.
- Couples and families with older children
- Spa and wellness enthusiasts
- Lovers of nature and tranquility
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Begin the day with yoga or guided meditation
- Unwind in Amansara's peaceful gardens, perhaps taking a relaxing swim in the shaded pool
- Retreat to the spa to sample the signature Apsara ritual, incorporating local botanicals and ancient healing methods
- Feast on fine Khmer cuisine in the circular restaurant, and perhaps partake in a Cambodian cookery class
- Enjoy sunset cocktails or private dining on the roof terrace
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Explore the marvels of the Angkor UNESCO World Heritage site with a private guide
- Venture deeper into rural Cambodia on a fascinating Jeep tour
- Enjoy a breakfast picnic on the waters of Tonlé Sap lake
- Visit a local temple for a private water blessing delivered by the resident monk
- Dine by candle light at the 10th century Angkor temple of Prasat Kravan