Located directly next to the glittering Royal Palace, close to the confluence between the Tonle Sap and Mekong rivers, Palace Gate is the proud owner of one of Phnom Penh’s most illustrious addresses. This setting is not the only regal element to the property however. Built around an ornate French Colonial mansion, Palace Gate’s style and atmosphere also make a powerful impression. Swaying palms surround a sparkling swimming pool ringed by soft daybeds, and verdant courtyard gardens lend themselves to shady strolls.
Venture indoors and you’ll find a sumptuous selections of suites which serve as peaceful retreats from Phnom Penh’s lively streets. Options include the Apsara Deluxe suite, decorated in a traditional Angkorian style with dark wooden furniture, Cambodian artworks and linens embroidered with flashes of gold, and the two-room Majesty Suites with gleaming marble bathrooms and views over the pool, river or palace. For the ultimate in extravagance, we recommend the Palace Suite, a one-of-a-kind, two-bedroom escape in the hotel’s highest reaches with spectacular vistas over the city.
As well as being perfectly placed for exploring some of Phnom Penh’s most vibrant areas, including the shop and restaurant-packed riverside promenade of Sisowath Quay,* Palace Gate offers a wealth of onsite amenities. Treat yourself to a range of beauty treatments at Salon by Ann-Riya, or indulge in soothing body scrubs, signature massages and aromatherapy sessions at the Senses Spa. When it’s time for some refreshment head to Melea, Palace Gate’s centrepiece restaurant, for delicious dishes that blend French and Cambodian influences. Alternatively, ascend to the Organic Sky Bar for classic cocktails and tempting tapas overlooking the city skyline, or immerse yourself in the luscious Orchid Bar for relaxed drinks and live music.
- Couples and romantics
- Those seeking to be in the heart of the action
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Indulge in an aromatherapy massage or soothing scrub in the spa
- Take a cooling dip in the outdoor swimming pool
- Dine on French Cambodian fusion cuisine at the Melea restaurant
- Head to the Sky Bar for reviving cocktails and spectacular city views
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Browse the shops dotted along buzzing Sisowath Quay
- Marvel at the impressive Royal Palace of Cambodia
- Discover a wealth of Cambodian history at the National Museum
- Delve into the hustle and bustle of the buzzing central market