Beach resorts in Cambodia have to date largely been confined to rather sprawling stretches of development along the coast around Sihanoukville. Six Senses Krabey Island breaks the mould, bringing the brand’s legendary rustic-chic spa experience to a tropical island fringed with tropical beaches.
Come for a week or longer to completely unwind or stay for a few nights to relax after a journey through Cambodia which might also include the temples of Angkor, the jungles of the Cardamoms and the bustling, characterful city of Phnom Penh. You could also combine a stay here with a holiday in Vietnam. Our specialists would be delighted to advise on an itinerary designed around your interests.
The classic spa is inspired by the life-giving Kbal Spean River and reflects the Six Senses brand label. Relax in the Jacuzzi, steam bath or sauna or take your wellbeing to a deeper level with a personalised programme of rituals designed to destress, detox and energise. Daily yoga sessions are held on the pavilion and there’s a gym with cardio-vascular and resistance equipment.
Six categories of eco-friendly villa range from one-bedroom pool villas - each with large living areas, floor to ceiling windows taking in tropical vistas, and sundecks with pools - through to the generously-proportioned duplex Oceanfront Two-bedroom Pool Villas and The Beach Retreat, a single-level sanctuary, with two private villas suitable for up to four guests sharing a private beach, hammocks and pool. All are air-conditioned, with WiFi and Bluetooth.
Explore the region’s spectacular beauty with a sunset cruise along the coast with bubbly and canopes or take a jungle trek through the verdant Koh ta Kiev. For thrill seekers, take to the waves on a paddleboarding trip, whilst wildlife lovers will want to delve beneath and discover the rich array of local marine life.
- Spa aficionados
- Beach retreaters
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT:
- Feast on delicately flavoured dishes infused with Khmer herbs before visiting the ice cream parlour for a few indulgent treats
- Enjoy a film in the open-air cinema
- Enjoy sundowners in the elevated bar, taking in views over the ocean
- Learn how to create your own Khmer culinary masterpieces at a cookery class
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Take to the waves with a kayaking, stand up paddle boarding or snorkelling trip
- Explore the verdant scenery of Koh Ta Kiev on a jungle hike
- Enjoy enticing sundowners and delicious canapes on a scenic sunset cruise
- Map the expansive coastline with a stroll along its golden beaches