A glorious haven away from the riot of noise and colour permeating Jodhpur's chaotic streets, RAAS Jodhpur is an epic reimagining of a 300-year-old Maharajah's mansion. Set right in the heart of the ancient walled city, this centuries-old family home has been transformed by two brothers into one of the Blue City's most stylish hotels.
Modern, minimalist rooms are spread between original and contemporary buildings, each with cool stone floors and frangipani-framed views of the majestic Mehrangarh Fort. Decadent Old Wing Suites come with rustic rose-red sandstone pillars and freestanding bathtubs, the geometrically dappled light streaming in through honeycombed Jali shutters. At night, the buzzy rooftop restaurant serves authentic Rajasthani cuisine, basking in the light that illuminates the fort. This is the best possible base for exploring, and after being roused by the call to prayer, visit a labyrinth of bazaars, temples and backstreets, before returning for a refreshing dip in the pool, flanked by creamy canopied sun loungers.
- Couples and romantics
- Independent adventurers
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Work up an appetite for lunch with some laps of the pool
- Unwind with a healing aromatherapy massage in the spa
- Dine in the rooftop restaurant admiring Mehrangarh Fort illuminated by night
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Observe local life unfold from the terraces of Stepwell Café
- Discover the historic temples and forts of the Blue City
- Tour the food and spice markets with the RAAS chef and prepare a typical Rajasthani dish back in the kitchen