Set on the fringes of northern Rajasthan's Ranthambore National Park, Sher Bagh is a pioneering tented camp that oozes old-world glamour. Twelve 1920s-inspired white canvas tents are pitched around a manicured green lawn under a canopy of indigenous trees, each one furnished with teak campaign furniture, canopied four-posters, copper-fitted bathrooms and well-stocked cocktail trays. The palatial Royal Suite comes with its own private swimming pool and uninterrupted views of rippling grassland from its vast veranda.
With the park's burgeoning tiger population, days are filled with game drives to spot the iconic Bengal beauties - as well as antelopes, monkeys and deer. Reboot at the jungle spa before joining other guests for gin and tonics around the campfire, swapping stories of the day's adventures before feasting on dinners of traditional clay-cooked thalis under deliciously quiet starry skies.
- Couples and families
- Wildlife and nature lovers
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Set out on game drives in search of tigers and an array of other wildlife
- Hone your culinary skills with a cookery class
- Enjoy a sundowner by the pool followed by dinner under the stars
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Discover the 8th century Ranthambore Fort towering over the forest
- Visit a nearby women’s cooperative producing high-quality textiles and crafts