In the main body of the hotel, the colonnaded Restaurant & Bar serves delectable Indonesian fare throughout the day. By the swimming pool, the Pool Club serves breakfast, light lunches and drinks while The Terrace, situated under Amanjiwo's central rotunda, is home to the Lounge Bar for cocktails, wines, spirts and light bites.
Just minutes from the hotel resides the imposing Borobudur, the largest Buddhist temple in the world, known for its astonishing façade of intricately carved stone and community of monks. Amanjiwo guests are the only visitors granted access to the site after dark, making the experience all the more magical. A region steeped in history, the fascinating UNESCO World Heritage site of Prambanan Temple makes for an equally intriguing exploration. When visiting this beautiful region of Indonesia, it would be remiss not to take a guided hike along rolling rice paddies, the sloping Menoreh Hills or formidable Mount Merapi to marvel at the arresting views on offer. Stop at local villages for a slice of Javanese culture, where vibrant festivals showcase spirited music and dance performances.
- Those seeking an authentic Indonesian experience
- Serenity seekers
- Spa & wellness lovers
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT:
- Learn more about the history of the region at a seminar hosted by the hotel’s on-site anthropologists
- Rejuvenate with a sunrise yoga session overlooking the tranquil rice paddies
- Hone your skills with a tennis lesson on the courts
- Indulge in a traditional Pijat massage, a Javanese cream bath or ancient blessing therapy in the spa
- Unwind with a lap of the inviting 40-metre swimming pool
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Discover the magnificent Borobudur Buddhist temple with your anthropologist guide
- Explore Java’s enthralling history with a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Prambanan Temple
- Go for a guided walking tour of Mount Merapi or the Menoreh Hills
- Immerse yourself in Javanese culture at a village festival showcasing traditional music and dance