A fusion of Asian and Western techniques result in an alluring range of treatments at the Padma Spa, including massages and facials employing lemongrass, sandalwood and cedar infused oils, green tea and avocado exfoliating wraps and even a distinctive Buddhist singing bowl ritual to rebalance your senses. Yoga classes on the Putri Dewa pavilion are the perfect way to start your day as the morning mist dissipates into the mountains, revealing the verdant jungle below. Those looking to glimpse the region’s distinguished culture can discover the art of Javanese cuisine at a cooking class or learn to make Jamu, a traditional herbal medicine.
Traditional Indonesian dishes such as Rijsttafel can be enjoyed in the regal grandeur of The Kastil, while fresh ingredients harvested from the resort’s organic gardens can be sampled in the uplifting Patio Colonial Hall, where grand windows showcase the rippling Menoreh Hills. For those seeking to harness the romantic energy of this remarkable location, a unique private dinner by candlelight can be enjoyed while overlooking the temple.
Having admired Borobudur Temple from afar, either from the swimming pool, restaurant or your private terrace, nothing prepares for the astounding wonder that resides within. Walk the historic walls and delight in its colourful legend, enjoying an exclusive shoulder or neck massage on-site to further unwind and connect with your surroundings. For a more active exploration, trek to the top of Punthuk Setumbu for awe-inspiring panoramic views of the Kedu Valley or feel the thrill of a Jeep adventure over the foothills of Mount Merapi.
- Serenity seekers
- Lovers of culture and history
- Spa & wellness enthusiasts
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT:
- Energise with a sunrise yoga session in the pavilion facing out to the Menorah Hills
- Soothe your soul at the Padma Spa with a massage using infused oils or an exfoliating wrap
- Feast on a candlelit dinner like no other overlooking the Borobudur Temple
- Sample fresh ingredients from the organic gardens at Patio Colonial Hall or traditional Indonesian cuisine at The Kastil
- Enjoy a lap or two of the swimming pool taking in the views of the valley below
- Uncover the secrets of traditional herbal medicine at a Jamu making class or learn the art of Indonesian cuisine during a cookery class
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Discover the wonder of Borobudur Temple, enjoying a neck or shoulder massage on the way
- Walk to the top of Punthuk Setumbu for arresting panoramic views of the Kedu Valley
- Traverse the winding foothills of the Merapi Volcano on a thrilling Jeep ride
- Go riding along Java’s undulating rice paddies
- Take a leisurely horse-drawn carriage to Klipoh village to partake in a pottery making class