Those seeking a little more exertion could take to the sparkling waters on a hobie cat, or work up an appetite for lunch with a spot of beach volleyball. Meanwhile, the surrounding nature trails offer a perfect way to immerse yourself in the flora and fauna of the region. And, whether your day has been filled with activity or decidely more relaxed, the resort's accommodations are a haven to retreat to.The contemporary Pavilion Rooms and Terrace Suites have been designed with a fresh, uplifting colour palette and each offers a balcony or terrace with views of the gardens or mountains. For prime sea views, upgrade to one of Layana's spacious villas which are located just a stone's throw from the beach.
Though the surrounds of the resort offer plenty of opportunities to sample local cuisine, Layana itself also offers some of the best dining venues in the region. SeaSky is the all-day dining restaurant perched on the edge of the beach, offering a menu filled with fresh and contemporary Thai and Mediterranean flavours. The White Bar, located next to the Wellness Pool, is the place to head for light meals, freshly pressed juices and an irrestistable selection of ice creams. The Sundowners Bar and Lounge is the perfect spot to watch the sun dip down over the Andaman Sea with a refreshing Thai craft beer or cocktail in hand.
- Couples and romantics
- Beach lovers
- Spa enthusiasts
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Begin the day with an energising yoga class as the sun rises over the tropical gardens
- Stroll along the endless golden sands of Long Beach
- Sample an energy balancing massage in the spa, perhaps followed by some time in the therapeutic salt chamber
- Set out by paddle board to view the coastline from a different perspective
- Dine on fresh rock lobster or zingy Thai curries in the SeaSky restaurant
- Take in a memorable Thai sunset over a mango margarita at the Sundowner Bar
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Delve into the island's lush tropical scenery on a calming nature trail walk
- Discover Koh Lanta’s colourful marine life on a snorkelling trip
- Kayak through wildlife-filled mangrove forests
- Observe monkeys, tropical birds and the sun dipping over the hills on a sundowner cruise
The resort only accepts children aged 12 years and over.