There's no beach to speak of at Qualia other than a strip of fine pebbles on the aptly-named Pebble Beach, though it's only five minutes down to the fine sand of Catseye Beach by buggy. Pebble Beach is an excellent daytime hub, with a beautiful infinity pool and sun loungers arranged to take in the sea view. It's also where you'll find water sports and an excellent restaurant.
Dining is exquisite - choose either the Long Pavilion or Pebble Beach; the degustation menu is a highlight and beautifully presented, with wines to match. Guests can also charge meals at any of Hamilton Island's restaurants back to their room at Qualia.
The Spa is situated to catch the cooling breezes off the sea; treatments are designed to soothe both body and mind.
This is the finest resort in the Whitsunday Islands, with peerless service, exquisite dining and an atmosphere that instantly restores the soul.
NB: Guests are welcome over the age of 16 years.
- Couples and honeymooners.
- Watersport lovers.
- Culinary enthusiasts.
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Enjoy a ‘Talk & Taste’ class with an expert sommelier – Champagne & Oysters, Sake & Sashimi or Cheese & Wine.
- Yoga classes and spa.
- Sunset sailing trip.
- Enjoy water sports, including catamarans,snorkelling, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding from Pebble Beach.
- Private charter of Atomic, a luxury motor yacht.
- Keep active in the waterside gym.
- Relax in the large infinity pool at Pebble Beach.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Take a seaplane over the Great Barrier Reef to Whitehaven Beach with a picnic, then continue over Hardy Reef where you'll see the famous Heart Reef.
- Local beach picnics by boat.
- Golf – 18-hole championship course on neighbouring Dent Island (5 mins by ferry).
- Go diving.
- Venture out on a bush walk. There are 20km of walking trails including a new South East Head Trail.
- Game fishing & whale watching.
- Sunset views and drinks at One Tree Hill Lookout.
- Go karting.
- Yacht Club movies.