Spicer’s Peak Lodge is set on a working cattle station on 8,000 acres, 6,000 acres of which is Spicer's Peak Nature Reserve, home to kangaroos and wallabies who wander close to the lodge. Located in Queensland's Scenic Rim, the landscape is dramatic, with craggy peaks, towering forests and inviting trails which wind around the mountainsides.
The lodge comprises ten suites in the main house, with a one and two bedroom private lodge on the edge of the escarpment a little distance away. Lodge Suites have charming verandahs with views down to the escarpment, whilst the Spa Suites additionally have a Jacuzzi bath with a view. The rooms all feature a stone fireplace with a stock of wood, blankets, Nespresso machine, pool towels, Voss water bottles by the bed and a bathroom with walk-in rain shower (Jacuzzi bath in Spa Suites). The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable, perfect for a good night’s sleep after an adventurous day exploring the mountains.
To arrive in style, take a helicopter from Brisbane and fly over the peak edge onto the clearing in front of Spicer's Peak Lodge.
NB: Spicer's Peak Lodge is an adult-only lodge.
- Culinary enthusiasts & wine connoisseurs.
THINGS TO DO AT THE HOTEL:
- Play pool.
- Enjoy playing tennis.
- Swim in the outdoor pool.
- Unwind in the spa.
- Join a yoga class.
- Enjoy a tasting menu of five courses with wine flight or à la carte in the Peak Restaurant.
- Stargazing - this is dark sky country, with no city light pollution. The resort's powerful telescope provides a peep into the Milky Way.
- Unwind with drinks in squashy sofas next to the large fireplace in the bar.
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Explore the trails on foot - guided or alone, with picnics arranged.
- Go on 4X4 drives, including wildlife drives and sunset at Ryan's Peak.
- Go mountain biking - there are trails of varying terrain.