Jumby Bay offers the chance to retreat to a wonderfully private suite, villa or large estate, with all of the facilities and possibilities of a world-class resort at your fingertips. Preserving the island's rich biodiversity has been a priority for residents. There are no cars, numerous recycling and environmental programmes, and the landscape is dotted with wildlife from black-headed Persian sheep to hawksbill turtles and exotic birds like hummingbirds and pelicans.
Jumby Bay's accommodation ranges from rooms, suites and villas serviced by resort staff to exclusive private rental villas with staff and facilities such as tennis courts, gyms and pools. The traditional and tasteful Rondavel Rooms and One-Bedroom Suites are located in octagonal cottages near the sea, with wraparound sea-view terraces and tranquil outdoor showers from which to admire the view. Beachside Suites are directly on the beach, with impressive vaulted living areas decorated with splashes of Caribbean colour and decadent bathrooms leading to courtyards with outdoor soaking tubs. The One Bedroom Pool Suites are tucked away behind gates and have spacious living areas and expansive terraces with private pools; while the Rosewood Estate offers lofty living room and bedroom spaces, as well as a sea-view infinity pool and courtyard garden. There is a butler pantry for in-suite dining and two additional connecting suites if you're travelling as a larger party.
Rose Buds provides endless opportunities for adventure and discovery for those aged between three and 11. The children's pavilion is the headquarters, offering a varied programme including cookery, science and nature tours, arts, dance and singing, and the renowned Jumby Bay Hawksbill Turtle Programme. There are also two pools and complimentary watersports, and a spa menu specifically for children. Those between the ages of 12 and 17 can take part in activities such as beach volleyball, mocktail mixology and turtle conservation. The resort team can also arrange babysitting on request.
FOR WEDDINGS & HONEYMOONS
Seclusion coupled with a range of things to see and do makes Jumby Bay a good choice for honeymoons. Weddings are also well catered for by the dedicated and experienced team who provide excellent personalised service. Venue options include three beaches and the historic Estate House, built in 1830. The team can organise a casual, intimate wedding for two or a large complex event, providing guidance on everything from decoration, photographers and stylists.
- Seafront spa
- Fitness centre that also offers yoga
- Two swimming pools
- 'Yennecot' luxury yacht for charter
- Tennis club with three courts
OUT & ABOUT
- Various complimentary watersports
- Boat charters and sailing adventures
- Shopping in St John's, Antigua
- Swimming with stingrays
- Sail to Antigua for golf on Cedar Valley course
WINE & DINE
- The Estate House - the cuisine could be best described as classic fare with a modern Caribbean twist
- Fresh, seasonal creations and international favourites at Verandah by the sea
- Pool Grille for casual lunches and drinks
- Farm tours and tasting with A Sense of Taste
- Beach Bar serves fresh cocktails and juices, while the Beach Shack offers locally inspired “street food” including lobster or chicken roti