The hotel strikes the perfect balance between adventure and wellness, with activities such as treks to hidden waterfalls, cookery classes and sea kayaking on offer, after which you can unwind with an open-air massage in the cliffside spa. The spa pavilion is made entirely of stone and tropical hardwood, and is blessed with views of the shimmering Caribbean Sea. Cultural activities include a comprehensive organic farm tour and visits to mountain villages, home to talented stone masons.
Tastefully rustic cottages dotted around the hillside are all sustainably designed, incorporating tropical hardwood, bamboo furniture and bed linen colourfully hand painted by local artisans. Guest rooms offer balconies with breezy panoramas, while spacious suites feature ample outdoor decks. Stone pathways lead to the sea-facing infinity pool, spacious yoga studios, spa and small gym (more of an afterthought, given the wealth of outdoor activities on offer). The restaurant, a stylish congregation point, sits in prime position for the sublime sunsets and serves speciality seafood, meat and organic vegetarian dishes under lantern light.
- Couples & romantics
- Outdoor adventurers
- Nature lovers
THINGS TO DO AT THE RESORT:
- Begin the day with an energising yoga class
- Admire the views of Dominica’s forested peaks from the infinity pool
- Observe the colourful bird life in the gardens from your hammock
- Enjoy a soothing aromatherapy massage in the cliffside spa
- Feast on fresh, organic cuisine in the sea-facing restaurant
THINGS TO DO NEARBY:
- Snorkel in the warm, bubbling waters of Champagne Reef
- Go scuba diving in the renowned Scotts Head Marine Sanctuary
- Explore Soufrière Bay by kayak
- Take a gentle hike to a waterfall or challenge yourself with the trek to Boiling Lake